The reports generated by eShowers provide the user with a summary of information which can be used to place an order for glass or hardware with a supplier, provide a customer with a quote or print a detailed installation sheet for your shower installers.
Reports are an important part of the software but each one has different functions. Find out more information about each report under the relevant heading shown below.
Summary of Report Types
Here is a quick summary of the types of reports that can be generated by eShowers Software
The Prints Multiple Job Items field (shown below) details whether or not the report will print at the Job level or the Job Item level. If it prints multiple items then the report will print the details for each item within the selected job, if not then the report will only print details for the selected Job item
|Report Type||Description||Prints Multiple Job Items|
|Glass Order||Provides a neatly formatted order complete with technical drawing and finished glass sizes to make an order from your glass supplier||No|
|Hardware Order||A neatly formatted order with a list of hardware items and their quantities to forward to your hardware supplier for purchasing||No|
|Installation Sheet||A report to provide to the installation team of the shower giving an overview of the construction, dimensions, list of hardware and junctions etc||No|
|Quote||Provides a detailed quotation based on the prices shown in the shower editor to provide to the customer||Yes|
Print Options for Reports
To print a report, select the specific Job / Job Item you wish to print and then click one of the report options at the top of the screen as shown below
The options shown above allow you to either print the report directly to your printer, preview the report before you print it, email the report as a PDF attachment or save the report as a PDF directly to your computer.
Emailing a Report
Once selected the Email Editor is displayed, here you can add email address and modify the content that is stored in Email Settings.
The custom reports feature of the eShowers software allows you to edit the layout of the standard reports provided by eShowers. Only customers who have purchased the custom reports module or have custom reports included in their License subscription will have access to this feature
Adding a Custom Report
To add a custom report
- Select the Custom Reports option from the Main Menu
- Click on the new button
- Fill in the fields shown in the following screenshot
Description: A brief description of your new report
Report Type: Select the type of report that your new report should be based on
Show in Menu: Should the report be shown in the Custom Reports menu in the Job Database screen?
Administrator Only: Should the option in the menu only be shown for Administrators?
- Click OK to save the report.
Designing a Custom Report
To design your custom report
- Highlight the report you wish to edit and click on the design button in the tool bar
- You can move the existing elements on the report around or choose to add your own static information to the report using the tools in the report designer
- To Save your report, click on File > Save
Replacing a Standard Report With a Custom Report
After you've created your custom reports you may wish to replace the standard reports shipped with eShowers with your updated versions
- With the Custom Reports screen open, click on the "Edit Standard Reports" button
- Select the custom report for the corresponding report type from the drop down menu as shown below
- Once you've set up your options, your custom report will now print instead of the base report when printing any of the normal report types. This defaults your reports to your selected Custom Report and saves users having to access it via the Custom Report drop down menu